On September 24th and 25th, Blessed Tomorrow, Faith in Public Life, National Cathedral, Convergence and Auburn will host Coming Together in Faith on Climate, bringing together Christian, Jewish, Muslim and other national religious leaders in Washington D.C.'s National Cathedral. Expressing inter-denominational support for the Pope’s call to action on climate change and creation care, we welcome Pope Francis, who will be in the United States September 22-27, 2015. In Washington DC, on September 23rd, the Pope will meet with President Obama, visit with US Bishops (St. Matthews), and hold a Canonization Mass (Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception). On Thursday, September 24, Pope Francis will give a historic address to a joint session of the U.S. Congress and visit St. Patrick’s Catholic Church and Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington.
Coming Together in Faith and Climate speakers include,
• Rev. Dr. Otis Moss III, Senior Pastor, Trinity United Church of Christ, Chicago
• Rev. John C. Dorhauer, General Minister and President (Elected), United Church of Christ
• Rev. Sharon Watkins, General Minister and President, Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
• Rev. Brian McLaren, Noted Author, Speaker, Activist
Speakers will discuss ways to:
1. Support and amplify Pope Francis’ calling for climate solutions across and among faith communities across America
2. Expand religious leadership for climate solutions by providing a platform to demonstrate collective support
3. Provide resources and clear next steps to build engagement in climate solutions within faith communities
4. Call attention to faith communities’ support for climate solutions by maximizing media coverage
5. Increase awareness of the work of denominational bodies and interfaith organizations dedicated to climate and creation stewardship
To join the proceedings, sign-up today!
Coming Together in Faith and Climate Summit
To learn more or to sponsor this event, please contact: email@example.com
Stay connected and get updates from Blessed Tomorrow.Subscribe